The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to safely operate powered access equipment, covering Mobile Vertical (3a).
The course covers:
- Awareness of health and safety regulation, accident prevention and control
- Safe operation of scissor lifts and mobile vertical personnel platforms
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Route planning before operation of static self-propelled booms
- Manoeuvring the machine
- Setting up a static vertical platform for work
- Basic operational skills
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
Between 4 and 6 candidates dependent on the number of categories being covered.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for the operators of MEWPs or for those looking to learn how to operate MEWPs.
How to prepare
Candidates for IPAF courses must be at least 16 years of age. They must be medically fit to operate machinery.
Candidates must have the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment with them i.e. Helmet, Safety Boots, Hi-Visibility Vest, Harness & Adjustable Restraint Lanyard.
Candidates will undergo practical training and assessment as well as a written theory test.
Prices coming soon.
Certification is valid for 5 years.
Open/public courses are delivered based on demand throughout the year, delivered at our training centre.
Courses can be delivered as a group booking at the customers premises or at our training centre.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.