CAT & Genny training (also known as Cable Avoidance) provides operatives and supervisors with the knowledge required to safely conduct cable avoidance operations. Learners will gain knowledge in identifying possible risks involved when using CAT & Gennys to locate underground services, using the necessary Cable avoidance tools and Signal generators.
B/y the end of the course, you will have an understanding of:
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Symbols used by utility companies on maps
- Transferring information
- Review of HSG 47 – Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Support of apparatus in open excavations
- Use of cable and pipe locators (CAT & GENNY, RD-400, 4000, 7000, 8000)
Who should attend
Supervisors and Operators who use cable avoidance tools and signals generators in their work should attend this course.
Where to attend
This course is delivered by one of our carefully selected third party providers, to groups at your location or on centre.
At the end of the course, learners must complete a 20-questions multiple-choice assessment.
Closed course prices:
£300 +VAT for a maximum 5 learners.
£360 +VAT for a maximum 10 learners.
£400 +VAT for a maximum 15 learners.
Certificate is valid for 3 years
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.