This UKATA accredited course provides candidates with an understanding of the risks of exposure to asbestos, how to stay safe following the discovery of asbestos containing materials and emergency procedures.
The online course will cover:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- The distinction between licensable work and non-licensed work (notifiable and non-notifiable)
- The procedures to follow with the discovery of asbestos containing materials
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, such as an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
Course dates available to suit your requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who may be at risk of working with materials containing asbestos.
There are no candidate pre-requisites for this course.
Where to attend
Courses are either held online at our training centre in Kirkcaldy, or can be accessed remotely by candidates.
Approx. 2-3 hours.
Learners must complete an assessment which measures the learning outcomes and has a pass or fail criteria.
£45 per person +VAT, delivered in our computer suite for a maximum of 6 learners.
£35 per person +VAT for remote delivery.
This qualification is valid for 1-year.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.