The purpose of this course is to provide candidates with an understanding of the risks of exposure to asbestos and how to avoid work which may disturb asbestos-containing materials.
The course will cover:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- The distinction between licensable work and non-licensed work (notifiable and non-notifiable)
- The procedures to follow with the discovery of asbestos containing materials
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, such as an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
This course can be delivered in a classroom environment, with group interaction throughout or online either at our training centre, customer premises or co-ordinated remotely directly with candidates.
Classroom minimum 4 candidates and maximum 12
Online at training centre, maximum 4 candidates
This course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos as part of their job role in the workplace
How to prepare
There are no pre-requisites for this training course.
Online: approx. 2-3 hours, classroom: ½ day
For the successful completion of training, candidates must complete an end of course practical assessment or knowledge test that measures the learning outcomes and has a pass or fail criteria.
Online £45 per person + VAT. Classroom based courses price TBC.
It is recommended under HSE guidelines that the candidate completes a refresher of his/her training (i.e. to ensure their knowledge and/or skills are up to date) every year.
Open courses are delivered based on demand throughout the year at our training centre.
Courses can be delivered for individuals or groups at our training centre or at candidate’s preferred location. Candidates can also complete training online.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.