At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
- 15th and 16th March 2021
The course will cover:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
Training is delivered in a classroom environment, with group interaction throughout.
Minimum of 4 delegates, maximum of 20 delegates
Who should attend
This SSSTS course is for site supervisors are those looking to progress into a supervisory position in the near future.
You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
How to prepare
Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a supervisor. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Assessment will be by an end of course examination and the trainer review. The delegate must pass the exam and pass all three elements of the trainer review.
The assessment consists of 25 questions, a number of which are safety critical and require written answers, with the remainder being multiple choice. Delegates must achieve a score of 80% or more in order to pass the course.
£265 per person + VAT. Price is on enquiry for closed course bookings.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Open courses are delivered on a quarterly basis at our training centre. Contact our office for our next availability or check out our Facebook page.
Courses can be delivered as a group booking at the customers premises or at our training centre.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.