By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
- 22nd, 29th April, 6th, 13th and 20th May 2021
The course will cover:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
Training is delivered in a classroom environment, with group interaction throughout.
Minimum of 4 delegates, maximum of 20 delegates
Who should attend
This SMSTS course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients looking to gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites.
How to prepare
Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a manager. Delegates must be competent in English at site management level.
5 days – either in a block or a day release basis.
Assessment will be by an end of course exam paper, the completion of four core exercises and a trainer review, for which the delegate will need to gain a PASS in all elements of the review.
The exam consists of 35 questions and candidates must achieve a pass rate of 80%.
£500 per person + VAT. Price is on enquiry for closed course bookings.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
Open courses are delivered on a quarterly basis at our training centre. Contact our office for our next availability or check out our Facebook page.
Courses can be delivered as a group booking at the customers premises or at our training centre.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.