The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to safely operate powered access equipment, covering Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) 1b.
By the end of the course leaners will have an understanding of:
- The relevant Health & Safety Regulations
- Be aware of accident prevention and control
- The needs regarding personnel protection
- The need to refer to the operating manual
- Operation and safe manoeuvre of machines
- Be able to drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, as well as correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a proper manner, inside and outside a building
Individuals and groups of up to 4 learners can attend.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for the operators of MEWPs, renewal of PAL cards or for those looking to learn how to operate MEWPs.
How to prepare
Candidates for IPAF courses must be at least 16 years of age. They must be medically fit to operate machinery.
Candidates must have the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment with them i.e. Helmet, Safety Boots, Hi-Visibility Vest, Harness & Adjustable Restraint Lanyard.
Candidates will undergo practical training and assessment as well as a written theory test.
From £160 per person +VAT through our trusted third party provider.
Group/Closed course prices from £130 per person +VAT, for groups of 6.
Certification is valid for 5 years.
Getting in touch is easy.
Please click the link below for details of who can help you with your enquiry.